Here are some video facts that all businesses need to know:
- Videos provide a 74% increase in visitor understanding of a product or service.
- 45.5% of Internet users view at least one video over the course of a month.
- An average user spends 16 minutes and 49 seconds watching online video ads every month.
- 80% of users remember the videos they watch online.
- 46% of users take action after viewing a video online.
- Your website visitors are 64% more likely to buy a product after watching a video.
- When video is included in an email, there is a two to three times increase in the click through rates.
Videos are used to…
Show off a product. If you sell a physical product, video is a powerful way to give people a sense of what the product is actually like, how it feels and how it’s made. If you see furniture, you can use video to show build quality. If you have a restaurant, you can use video to show food presentation.
Explain how to do something. ‘How to’ videos are a good way to give people some useful information, while also reminding them of your product or service. For instance, if you sell car shampoo, you can have a video that explains the best way to wash your car.
Bring testimonials to life. Many companies have written testimonials on their websites. But you can create more interest and authenticity if you interview people or invite customers to upload videos of them using your products or talking about your services.
Upload new videos regularly. Building a regular audience for your videos isn’t easy. but can give your business prospects a big boost. Create new videos regularly and encourage people to subscribe via your YouTube channel.
Add a personal touch. Welcome visitors to your site. Introduce your staff, or have a ‘day in the life’ segment. This type of content adds personality and brings your business to life. This could help someone decide they’d like to do business with ‘people like that’.
Incorporate music. You can buy sound clips from websites like Shutterstock, iStockPhoto and Ricall which offers well-known songs by popular artists and emerging acts, ready to use by small business and non-profits.
Share industry expertise. You can use video to provide commentary on industry news, or to offer detailed information about your industry. This can help build your reputation and can form a key plank for any public relations efforts.
Video content is the most viewed content on the web, and if you are not using video, you’re losing potential customers.