No matter what type of email you send out, you’ll need a mailing list. The basic way to build a mailing list is by capturing name and email address information for everyone who visits your website, buys or shows interest in your product.
An email list that YOU COLLECT YOURSELF is worth its weight in gold. This can be accomplished by using a list manager on your site. List managers also provide the HTML coding for the form on the Gateway pages. A list manager collects the email addresses that are gathered with the form. Thus, your email list is collected. This might take some time so there are methods to use until you get your own email list built.
One way to build a mailing list is to do ad swaps with other list owners. The way this works is, you (as company A) have an email list that you send newsletters to and another list owner (company B) has a list they send newsletters to. Company A and Company B place ads on one another’s mailing lists. Each of you is promoting the other’s list.
You can rent or buy targeted email lists. The list you develop using your own customers’ names is called your “house list.” Of course, when you’re first starting out, your house list is likely to be skimpy. To augment it, one way to go is rent or buy a mailing list. There are two ways to buy or rent a mailing list—approaching the company you want to rent from directly or using a list broker. Any company that emails information to its customers usually has a list manager, who handles inquiries and orders for the mailing list.
Another way to build an email list is to list your newsletter in all of the ezine directories.
Tips On How To Build Your Affiliate Business Empire
1) Don’t send traffic to the vendor’s page through your affiliate link. You’ll be wasting a great opportunity. Before you send the traffic off to the vendor’s page, email capture page. then once they sign up or not (you must give them the option to not sign up), them to your affiliates page.
If you just send your traffic directly to the vendor’s page, 95+ percent of the traffic will be wasted. Worst case is you sent the traffic, but the vendor’s sales letter doesn’t make the sales, you lose both commission and the chance to get the person to buy something else. Another thing is that the vendor gets to grow the email list, but not you; even though you may earn the commission as an affiliate.
2) The next problem is how to collect the visitors’ emails? Use squeeze page!
Direct your readers to your squeeze page first before sending them to the vendor’s page, you can create a win-win situation with just this.
Squeeze page is a page to collect the name and email of the visitors. You can collect the emails of your visitors, and at the same time earn the commission from the vendor. I suggest you provide a gift in return for their email. Make sure it’s relevant to the overall offer.
3) The format of a squeeze page is simple, include an attractive headline, big red arrow and an opt-in form.
The best color choices for the headline will be dark red or black. It must be able to give a teaser of the product they may purchase later.
4) Put a big red arrow in the middle of your headline and opt-in form to lead them to fill in the form. It is important to catch the attention of the readers, the big arrow pointing to the opt-in form will lead their gaze to the opt-in form, hence increase the conversion rate. The opt-in form should have an orange or yellow button because these two colors have been tested and help to increase conversion rates.
5) After the opt-in form is completed, you redirect the traffic to the vendor’s page through your affiliate link, or you can redirect the traffic to your bonus or review page first before the vendor’s page. This way, you can build your credibility and hence keep the subscribers with you.
This is only simple steps that will help you double or triple your mailing list. First, attract and send the traffic to your squeeze page, then to the vendor’s page or your bonus or review page. It is just that simple.